Having thoughts of suicide is a scary and uncomfortable feeling. If you are having thoughts of suicide it’s important to share these thoughts with someone you trust. While it is scary to share this with someone, it’s important that you ask for help from an adult you trust. This could be a parent, a friend’s parent, your aunt or uncle, a grandparent, teacher or school counsellor. Suicide can feel like an answer to very strong emotional and physical pain, but there is help available to support you and make you feel better.’ Please reach out if you are feeling these uncomfortable emotions- you are not alone.
Other things you can do are:
- Call a crisis line, like Distress Centre (403-266-4537) or Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868);
- Make sure you are not alone;
- Write a list of places you feel safe if you don’t feel safe at home;
- Don’t use drugs or alcohol;
- Call 9-1-1 or ask a friend to call for you if you feel you are a danger to yourself or others.